Vision – the ability to see, the ability to plan the future through experience and wisdom.
Representative – elected, chosen to act and speak on behalf of a wider group.
"Simply, my vision is to represent the citizens and business interests of District 16 in all matters locally and on the state level. My focus will be on you and what’s best for the community. I’m not for big government, the special interests or anyone who wants to propose measures that would harm our citizens, our community or the state of Missouri. I will be transparent and have an active presence to my community."
– Tom Gorenc
I pledge to …
- Stay informed of issues affecting our community
- Take a common sense approach to Jefferson City
- Promote and advocate for the 16th District members
- Represent the people and families of District 16, not the large corporate donors
- Strive to solve the issues/problems that may impact our District
- Make myself and staff available to residents of District 16
- Be responsive to calls, requests, concerns and suggestions
- Be transparent while serving you
- Respect the rights, beliefs and opinions of all citizens
- Push for allowing local communities some control over their own affairs
- Support local teachers and schools with demonstrated needs
- Support local and franchise business owners interests and needs
- Support our local police and fire departments
- Help to encourage community policing by residents